At 9:16am I got a text from Niki asking if we were going to be around that afternoon; her flight plans had been changed so turns out she was coming to MSP for a couple hours. Madeleine had been talking for weeks about how she was having a birthday party and really wanted Niki to come. This was just a few days before her birthday so I went into action and packed a birthday party in a bag to surprise her with at the airport.
After I picked Madeleine and Henry up from school that day, I didn't tell them where we were going and just started driving. We piled into the airport and they noticed, but told them I just had to pick something up.
We parked the car and went inside and walked around until Henry spotted her. Then all euphoric chaos ensued. Almost made me cry to watch it, they were SO happy!
We went over to a little kids area and I surprised Madeleine with a cupcake, present and we even all sang. She was in heaven.
Niki mentioned she had requested to be on an even later flight but thy wouldn't let her. Determined to live our dream afternoon out to the fullest, we walked upstairs to the gate and asked them in person. Prominently showing them the very vocal birthday girl. Guilt trip worked and it turned out we had 4 hours!
To the Mall of America we went. American Girl store and then rides. I actually don't think they could have had more fun.
The absolute best 9:16am text I've ever received!







No comments:
Post a Comment