5.2.14

Preschool

So it turns out the Christmas program at preschool was a pretty big deal.  I slowly started to make sense of this as I saw the other children trickling in dressed to the nines.  Henry was lucky to have a collared shirt on that day - all his favorites must have been dirty. 

If it wasn't the dresses and ties that gave it away, maybe it was all of the extended family members gathering and taking their seats 30 minutes before the program even started!  I came early to feed Amelia, in privacy.  Didn't happen.  The were setting up multiple recording devices and I got a "Minnesota nice" look anytime they saw Amelia.  As if to remind me that their precious recording might be ruined if my 6 month old happened to make a peep. 

So there we were - Amelia and I packed into rows with dressed up parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, babysitters but NO babies or siblings. 

I did manage to take this picture despite holding a baby and not having my entire entourage with me :)  Dear children, I still love you and you know it.  Sometimes you just have to press forward and get things done, whatever it takes!

 

No comments: