21.2.14

Snow and the dreaded driveway


 
I've always loved the snow.  I think it comes from my mom.  Every snow day we would wake up, shovel and then drive to McDonalds for breakfast.  We were usually the only ones there, but it was always a highlight.  It was on those trips to McDonalds that I learned how to drive in the snow, help get cars unstuck, and even how to jump a car. 
 
When it first snowed here I was so excited; I was coming home from the post office and it just made me giddy to be out in it.  It was wonderful until it took me 3 times to get up the driveway...
 
That dumb sloped driveway changed everything.  It now handicaps me - always the deciding factor if we can go out or now.  I think now (February) we've got it figured out between shoveling and salt, but it was a rude awakening! 
 
This girl takes after me :)
 


No comments: