22.7.09

6 Months


I can't believe it's already been six months (I know, so cliche but it's true!) Madeleine is getting to be more entertaining, adorable and fun all the time. She makes me laugh daily with some of the new things she does. For example, just today at the doctors office she was squealing, shrieking, and nearly yelping for joy for a good 20 minutes in the waiting room and when we were in with the nurse. I'm pretty sure it yielded comments and laughs from every single person in the waiting room as well as all the doctors and nurses.

Additionally, Madeleine has become my favorite (and only) running friend since moving to Ohio. We have these great trails really close to our house so it's becoming an early morning routine to head out on a loop. She is the best running partner - every time I stop to get a drink (okay, or to walk) she fusses but only until we get going again. Seriously - who knew a 6 month old could be such a good running partner!!

Recently she's become VERY CLINGY. While flattered as a mom that she ALWAYS and only wants me, it's really over the top at this point. Here in Ohio having a baby is a novelty. Seriously everyone stops and will either ask to look at her or just walk right up and peer into the stroller to catch a glance. While I would like to think this attention is a result of how cute she is, I really just think most people around here don't see many babies. Well, all this attention has only highlighted her separation anxiety. Any time a stranger talks to her or even looks at her, Madeleine looks at them with this puzzled face and then glances to me as if to get my permission to even look at them. Even with mom's permission - they only get a blank stare. I guess those days of smiling and giggling for strangers are gone. Don't worry mom, she still smiles and giggles...she's just selective of her audience.

(what can I say, we go well together!)

Besides her aversion to strangers, these days Madeleine can't get enough of rolling everywhere, putting anything and everything in her mouth, squash and carrots, sitting up, plastic containers, being held by mom, and being outside.

She's still in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height and head circumference. To celebrate her 6 months, we went to the beach (Lake Erie) last week - a short 10 minute drive and this week we bought a high chair and a few more toys. Here's all of us at the beach.

1 comment:

Frances said...

They do grow up fast. Before you know it she'll be dating. And the seperation anxiety thing goes away, she is still trying to figure out object permanence.