After a brief trip to Utah to completely surprise the pants off of the entire Harding family to celebrate Spencer's mom's big birthday, we're back!
Before our trip I got this crazy idea to do an 'art/craft project' with Madeleine. While it was successful in the outcome, the process was not worth repeating for a number of years. We used kids finger paint and attempted to put Madeleine's hand prints on paper. Not exactly an easy one-man-show. After the paint was on her hands, Madeleine played with her hair, fingers in the nose, tried to take off her diaper and practically attacked my face. I'm sure it was a sight, too bad no one else was around!
We made birthday cards for Grandma and Grandpa Harding as well as a slew of signs to welcome home Daddy from his business trip. It's not typical he comes home to an empty house so we tried to make the transition a bit easier. Unfortunately, Spencer wasn't able to make the last-minute surprise trip to UT because of work.
here's the scene of, what I like to call, a 'wildly successful disaster'...
the result...
thank goodness this girl loves baths! After the mommy/daughter craft time we had a few rounds of baths to scrub off all the paint :)
5.3.10
art project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Too cute! The handprints are darling.
Sooooo cute.
Cute idea!! I love those, and I bet Spencer did too.
great job!
Post a Comment