family pictures came and went. I considered it a success seeing as I didn't have to dip into my oversized 'emergency' tote filled with extra outfits and shoes, sweaters and jackets, hair bows, comb and brush, mirror, hair spray, squirt bottle, lip gloss, and a zillion other things. Needless to say, I was prepared. We're keeping our fingers crossed at least one turned out with the kids' eyes open (having them both looking at the camera, let alone smiling is probably too much to ask at this point).
Madeleine loved the apple trees and pumpkins that were sold at the local farm. Spencer took her in the general store and bought us our first pumpkin of the season. Madeleine is smitten and it is literally the newest member of our family: Big Punkin Harding. When we got home I tried to have her help me take Big Punkin out to our front porch, but she insisted it stay inside, right by the bookshelf close enough for her to constantly dote on and talk to him.
they meet
they fall in love
they live happily ever after
This morning after she said good morning to Big Punkin, I watched her go wrap her arms around him, let out a grunt and try to pick him up but he didn't budge. Realizing Big Punkin was too heavy to move she matter-of-factly said (outloud) to herself, "nope" as if to say, "nope, not happening Madeleine, just give up". She was ever loyal to her new love and about 10 seconds later she systematically came back to take another stab at picking up Big Punkin but the endeavor ended with the same result; a quiet, "nope". She tried a third time and third "nope" slipped out. I think she finally listened to herself on the third time.
Despite being an inanimate object, Big Punkin holds a special place in her heart - little does she know this is as close as we'll get to ever having a family pet, enjoy it while it lasts sweetie!
henry, clearly you're suffering from the Woody complex...you may have temporarily been replaced by Big Punkin but not for long. Give it a few weeks and he'll age far too quickly for our little diva. She'll come around and you'll be back in the #1 spot in no time. Until then, you and I get to sit on the couch be entertained by the antics of Miss M and Big Punkin
30.9.10
Big Punkin Harding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You should make your own Berenstain Bears book. It sounds like a good title! I love that she loves everything!
That is awesome! I love that she tried three times to pick it up. So fun!
Post a Comment